Hino CityHinoshuku Honjin
The Hinoshuku Honjin is the only remaining honjin from the Edo Period in Tokyo. This was a sacred place for the Shinsengumi (an Edo shogunate police force). Major members of the Shinsengumi met here when they were young before participating in the police force, to practice their swordsmanship. You can feel the soul of the samurai here.
- Hinoshuku Honjin, a tangible cultural asset designated by Hino City
2-15-9 Hinohonmachi, Hino-shi, Tokyo 191-0011
- 042-583-5100 (Shinsengumi Furusato History Museum)
- Opening Hours
- 9:30-17:00 (entry allowed until 16:30)
- Regular Holidays
- Mondays (the following day if a holiday falls on a Monday), year-end and New Year holidays
* There are temporary closing days.
- Adult: 200 yen
Child: 50 yen
- Access (from Shinjuku by train)
- JR Chuo Line: Shinjuku → Hino (30 mins.)
- Web Site