Hinode TownHinode Sanso Mountain Retreat
The Hinode Sanso Mountain Retreat consists of three buildings: the atmospheric Seiundo Hall, where the Japan-US Summit Meeting (the "Ron-Yasu talks") was held in 1983; Tenshin-tei House; and Shoin House, a Japanese-Western style guest house. These buildings are well worth seeing. Away from the din and bustle of the big city, you can have a relaxed time here, hearing the swaying of trees and the warbling of birds.
- 5270 Okuno, Hinode-cho, Nishitama-gun, Tokyo 190-0181
- Opening Hours
- 10:00-15:30 (entry allowed until 15:00)
* Admission is allowed until 30 minutes before closing time.
- Regular Holidays
- Mondays, Tuesdays, year-end and New Year holidays
- Adult: 300 yen
High school student: 200 yen
65 years old or older: 200 yen
Junior high school student or younger: 100 yen
Preschooler: Free of charge
(Those who have a handbook for the handicapped: Free of charge; Group of 20 people or more: 20% off)
- Access (from Shinjuku by train)
- JR Chuo/Itsukaichi Lines: Shinjuku → Musashi-Itsukaichi (60 mins.) + Taxi (15 mins.)