Mitaka CityNational Astronomical Observatory of Japan
©National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
The National Astronomical Observatory of Japan is the national center of astronomical research in Japan. Visitors can see historic buildings and telescopes at the site. Regular stargazing parties are held each month, and the 4D2U (Four-Dimensional Digital Universe) Dome Theater is open to the public on a regular basis. Reservation is required for both events.
- 2-21-1 Osawa, Mitaka-shi, Tokyo 181-8588
- 0422-34-3600（main phone number)
- Opening Hours
- (Opening to the public)
* Entry is allowed until 16:30.
- Regular Holidays
- Year-end and New Year holidays (Dec. 28-Jan. 4)
- Free of charge (admission)
- Access (from Shinjuku by train)
- Keio Line: Shinjuku → Chofu (Semi-special express: 20 mins.) + Bus (approx. 15 mins.)
JR Chuo Line: Shinjuku → Musashi-Sakai (Rapid: 20 mins.) + Bus (approx. 15 mins.)
- Web Site